Just like Becky we keep coming up with ideas on how to use hundred and thousands in different ways. This week the Grade Twos hit the Kitchen to create a giant yummy FRECKLE BISCUIT…
We thought you might like the recipe as with this cooking activity the freckle biscuits probably wont make it home!!! You can make giant cookies like we are, four to five a batch or make between 20 and 24 smaller ones.
125g softened butter
1/2 cup castor sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tspn vanilla
1 1/2 cups SR flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup hundred and thousands
2. Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Gradually add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
4. Fold in the flour and cocoa.
5. Roll a heaped teaspoon of mixture into a ball, flatten and dip into hundred and thousands. You should get 24 biscuits. Place on baking tray and cook in oven for 10 mins or until firm, light and golden in colour.
6. If making Giant Freckle Biscuits you’ll need four teaspoons full of mixture to roll into a ball, then flatten and dip into hundred and thousands. The biscuits will take about 20 mins to cook.
Happy Cooking 🙂