After a week of FUN cooking and eating it was time to get back to work…
This week was all about practicing our iPad skills 🙂
Revising what we knew about using the camera app, photos, PicCollage, saving to WebDAVNav and printing. We helped a bit by giving step by step instructions to follow, which meant that everyone was successful.
Next week the instructions will be written on the whiteboard for the grade twos to follow. It isn’t easy negotiating five apps at a time and just to make it more confusing we will be adding another app – Drawing Pad! There’s a lot to remember but we think the grade twos are up to the assessment task…
Good Luck Grade Twos 🙂 🙂
Just like Becky we keep coming up with ideas on how to use hundred and thousands in different ways. This week the Grade Twos hit the Kitchen to create a giant yummy FRECKLE BISCUIT…
We thought you might like the recipe as with this cooking activity the freckle biscuits probably wont make it home!!! You can make giant cookies like we are, four to five a batch or make between 20 and 24 smaller ones.
125g softened butter
1/2 cup castor sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tspn vanilla
1 1/2 cups SR flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup hundred and thousands
2. Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Gradually add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
4. Fold in the flour and cocoa.
5. Roll a heaped teaspoon of mixture into a ball, flatten and dip into hundred and thousands. You should get 24 biscuits. Place on baking tray and cook in oven for 10 mins or until firm, light and golden in colour.
6. If making Giant Freckle Biscuits you’ll need four teaspoons full of mixture to roll into a ball, then flatten and dip into hundred and thousands. The biscuits will take about 20 mins to cook.
Happy Cooking 🙂
This week we looked at the Drawing Pad app and the skills we need to know.
These are the skills we reviewed…
Scrunch it up
Create text box
Save to the camera roll
Our inspiration for our drawings came from the book Fairy Bread by Ursula Dubosarsky. We have some very talented artists in Grade Two