Another Aussie Nibbles Book…
Poor Fish by Jane Godwin is a book written with boys in mind. Three brothers have a fish pond in their backyard and the littlest brother is fascinated by the fish. His favourite words are ‘fishy swim’ which he repeats over and over again… One Saturday before Auskick practice the family find a dead fish in the pond and in their haste to get to footy practice they forget to bury fish. It’s not until later in the day the fish makes an appearance in a most unlikely spot…and lets just say the fishy does swim! And from here the laughter begins 🙂
After reading the very funny Aussie Nibbles book – Poor Fish by Jane Godwin, the grade twos set to work completing the assessment task we had set them.
- draw a picture to show what happened in ‘Poor Fish’ in Drawing Pad
- save image to Photos
- take a photo of the book ‘Poor Fish’ and a selfie using the Camera app
- Create a PicCollage – add the selfie, book cover and Drawing Pad picture, change the background, add text (name and grade) and save to Photos
- Navigate WebDAVNav to the correct folder and upload the PicCollage photo with your name and the word fish
- Go to Photos, select the PicCollage photo and send to printer – making sure the printer is studentcolour and you are only printing one copy
- Open the printing app and put in the username and password
Here’s a sample of what the grade twos are capable of creating…
Awesome Drawing Pad pic
What a great PicCollage!
Fantastic Work 🙂
We do assessment tasks to help us as much as to help the students. It’s good to see what they have learnt and what we need to continue to revise and work on. We now know can happily move on from the Camera app, Photos, Drawing Pad and Pic Collage. We need to continue revising WebDAVNav and printing as they are proving to a little bit trickier to master. Overall the grade twos have done an amazing job this term!